Eyes are the most beautiful part of the face. When applying makeup the maximum attention is on eyes. Girls use different makeup products like kohl, eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow to get the iconic eyes and enhance their beauty.
But dark circles spoil all the efforts and the beauty of the makeup. No matter how appealing you are or how impressive your makeup is, dark circles make you look dull, old and tired.
Are you also going through the same problem and looking for the right solution to get rid of dark circles?
Actually, before looking for the solutions, you should know about the root cause of the problem. When you know the reason of the problem, you treat it accordingly. For instance, if the reason behind dark circles is anemia, there is no use of applying any night cream as to get rid of this, you need to treat anemia first.
So let us first have a look at 9 shocking reasons behind dark circles to cure them accordingly.
- Improper sleep: We all know the importance of proper sleep for a healthy and energetic body. But do you know, this also causes dark circles? If you are tired and don’t sleep well, it causes pale skin that further makes the blood under the thin skin visible. This visibility of blood vessels appears as dark circles.
- Anemia: This is the lack of nutrients in the diet that can cause dark circles due to discoloration of the area under the eyes. Iron deficiency in the body has a huge impact on your skin tone and causes inexplicable dark circles. The good thing here is that you can easily get rid of dark circles caused by anemia by making some improvements in your diet. Include some green leafy vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to balance iron deficiency.
- Dehydration: Shocked!! Yes, insufficient supply of water to the body is called dehydration that also causes dark circles. When you body does not get sufficient water supply, the symptoms first appear in some specific areas and under eye skin is one of them. To cure dark circles, make sure you take at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. You should also include fruit juices in your diet.
- Allergy: Surprising, but true! Any problem that causes itching around your eyes can be the reason behind dark circles. The allergy can be from anything like food, pollution or any cosmetic product. Most of the times, the reason behind dark circles in kids is an allergy.
- Hormonal changes: A woman’s skin undergoes many hormonal changes during pregnancy and menstruation cycle. One of the worst effects of these hormonal changes is on the under eye skin in terms of dark circles.
- Age: The skin under the eyes is very thin and delicate that further gets thinner with age. It makes blood vessels more prominent and visible causing dark circles irrespective of good diet and 8 hours of sleep.
- Periorbital Hyperpigmentation: This is a condition in which the skin below the eyes produces more melanin and starts to appear darker. This usually happens with people dark complexions.
- Genetic pigmentation: This is a reason that is almost out of your control as you get dark circles from your family. The worst part is that you cannot do anything about the hereditary dark circles except hiding them with some creams. Though some studies show that these dark circles can be removed with some surgery, not everyone can afford it.
- Drinking and Smoking: Do you love late night parties and drinking? Great, but have you ever thought about their impact on your skin? Regular late night parties, smoking, drugs and excessive consumption of alcohol can play havoc on your delicate skin causing dark circles. So, next time keep a check on your drinks to protect your skin.
So now don’t start applying any dark circle removal cream randomly; first find out the true reason behind the problem and treat it accordingly.